Map Notes

There is one more level of zoom. Find an area of interest, and use the Time Window menu to compare 1851, 1867 and the present. More windows soon.
The 1851 map was built from an historic copy provided to the Archive Project by Loucks-McLagan (see the Honor Wall). The 1867 map was built from separate township plats made available by the Ramsey County Historical Society. These maps, once assembled, were registered to the modern map in increments as small as three square blocks and then reassembled into the images available here. Registration is not absolutely precise, because to have done so would have destroyed the historic feel of the original. We plan to revisit these map images and improve them after more time windows have been opened.